Sunday, July 25, 2010

Veggies and Eggs

Its me, Lee, again...it's sunday and my family is away for the day. I had wanted a lazy day but it's turned into a very productive one..getting lots of little things done that have been on my list for a while. I put CBC radio on the computer and have been busy busy. Kathee gave Annie and I these plants a few years ago.....they were little cuttings that she had rooted for us and now they are huge and have had many cuttings of their own. Today I finally made a little support for the vines to grow on instead of trailing to the floor for the cats to play with. I stuck some willow sticks into the soil and tied them together at the top and then wove the vines up them. On top of the numerous chores I've done, I drove down the road to a neighbours organic farm and bought some yummy, fresh, healthy food. Things I dont grow such as cabbage, beets and potatoes. I have been meaning to buy eggs from them for a long time but always pass by knowing I only have my debit card, would have to go home for cash and then end up forgetting about it until I pass by again. So now I am committing to purchasing eggs from them and their free range hens, instead of the store. Except for the eggs which are in their house, the veggies are fresh picked and sitting under a shelter with a price list and a covered container for you to pay. The potatoes were picked just as I was pulling in. You can't get any more fresh than that! I am really happy to buy from them.


No comments: