Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Garlic Harvest time


This is what I've been up to...I pulled these 350+ this morning and they are now washed, trimmed and hanging on the porch to dry. I have done about 1000 so far, but a lot of the first two varieties did not do so well.........between the leek moth infestation and the excess water that they were laying in a few weeks ago, it has not been our best year. This variety (Czechoslovakian Broadleaf) is my favourite though and it is really good! I've got another bed and a half to pull and then I'm done. This is my set up for the garlic wash station this year. We've set it up in the screen room, which is perfect because the mosquitoes have been brutal, and if it rains I can still work at them. I also have the radio out there and the portable phone.

1 comment:

Zee said...

YUMMMMMM

Need to get the BBQ fired up, olive oil and little sea salt and voila!