Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kathee here...taking a quiet break after a HUGE decluttering job. I have had sewing fabric, craft projects, and lots of Christmas craft items packed away and stacked in the small bedroom,( now our 'guest' room) I started going through all the boxes and bags and organized and sorted them. (some is going to the Goodwill, some to the rag bag) Now I know what useable material I actually have. I also have all my Christmas fabrics and crafts sorted and ready to use in the next few weeks. I want to make somemore Christmas cloth bags again this year. (We used no paper last year!) I have quite a few from last year, but some did actually leave the house, so I will need a few more. Every time I go to the Goodwill or Salvation Army store, I am on the lookout for any old Christmas tablecloths or just red and white pieces or even some type of checkered piece that would make a good giftbag. This year I found a tablecloth with a xmas scene all around the outside edge, so when I cut it, the scene will be at the bottom of the bags. I also found a red and white striped valance that I will be able to make a few bags out of. Last year I bought some cute napkins and used them as the 'wrap'....2 gifts in one, and I did this with a cute tablecloth too, making the 'wrap' part of the gift. I'll have to keep my eyes open for some more of those too. Not only is it much better for the environment (not using paper, and reusing goodwill items) but it's actually a lot of fun searching out possible 'wrapping' ideas
Now that I've got everything ready, I'm going to start thinking about what crafts I want to make this year too. What a good feeling to get all that decluttered and organized!

No comments: