Friday, November 14, 2008



Hey there! kathee here with some photos...
I found this Butterfly- (a Polygonia comma) on the floor near the front window over a week ago.
It did not look good and barely moved when I tried to pick it up. (I had no idea how long it had actually been in the house).I didn't think it would survive outside, so I let it stay in the house and decided I should try and feed it. I tried an apple, but it couldn't get it's proboscis into the apple, so I tried a clementine and it stayed on that piece for a while, 'eating', I presume. Anyway, it still seemed pretty lethargic and I didn't think he was going to make it, but today he was flying about and was very fast and seemed strong. I realized that he likely wouldn't do well living in our house all winter and seeing as it is already 13 degrees out today and sunny, I let him go...he flew off over the house. I know he won't last the winter, but he really wasn't meant to, and at least he can have one last 'fling' before it gets too cold!
This morning I did the last pages of my sister's Altered Book! It was a HUGE job, but I actually loved going through all the photos that I put into it.I also went through the journal I kept when we went to England, and it was fun relieving that whole time together and then putting all that into her book too. These are the last 2 pages...I wanted to sum up all the things we have done when we get together every year for our "Sister's Week". I did one of these pages in my other sister's altered book and it is so much FUN! Wouldn't it be great to be able to make a living do this all day... maybe a "Ransom-Notes-R-Us"....

1 comment:

Lee said...

I love your altered book ideas!! I so want to get started..Maybe I can glue some pages together first. I want to do Annie's wee book first but I want to do it while she isnt looking..difficult for that to happen!