Friday, January 29, 2010

Its cold outside.....

..but toasty inside...thanks to the sun and me cranking up the wood stove!
This is how we dry laundry in the winter.....
and in the warmer weather...
Our house is tiny and we have never had a dryer. Our house doesn't even have the proper electrical hookup for one and we have never had one put in. Instead, we have gotten used to drying our clothes this way. I like to not be using electricity for something that can be easily done without it. I know if I had a dryer I would use it all the time..so this way I'm not tempted. I use the laundrymat when the weather is really rainy and the woodstove isnt on...it just takes too long and takes up too much space to have laundry in the house needing a few days to dry...then we get behind and have to take it to the laundrymat anyway....or sometimes in the winter I like to wash all the bedding at once and take it to the dryer. Other than that, we have managed quite well with drying our clothes without a dryer. I know my grandmother would always use the dryer for towels because she liked them soft and fluffy...but I like the rough feel of towels off the line...they're great for exfoliating!!
Lee

No comments: