Friday, December 3, 2010

My favourite quilt...

My mom made this quilt many years ago and it is one of most favourites! I am fortunate enough to have several quilts that she made and I love them all for different reasons. I have a few reasons why this one is the best. First of all, I LOVE the pattern. It's traditional, old fashioned and basic....hmmm, sounds a lot like me...... I also love the colours of the squares and how there IS no real pattern to how they are laid out. The weight of this quilt is so great too! It has a lot of stitching to it, so that adds to the weight and when you cover up with this quilt it feels like it's hugging you. And now, after all these years, it is SO soft. I have it covering this little wooden chair at the moment, but it tends to be the first quilt I grab when I need one. It's perfect to cover up with when it's a bit chilly in the morning waiting for the woodstove to get going, or when I'm on the couch in the TV room. It's also perfect to lay on the floor when I want to warm up nice and close to the woodstove...

1 comment:

Lee said...

I love that quilt too!! Very nice! The greatest kind of keepsake..one that you continue to use and enjoy :)